- How We Help
- Get Involved
News & Events
- How We Help
- Get Involved
- News & Events
- Page Not Found
- Form - Final
- Blog Rss Feed
- Here's What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- And The Nominees Are.....
- How You Can be an Advocate for Student Mental Health in Your Community!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2018 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Award Winners!
- How VITA is helping hard working tax payers receive more on their tax returns
- Register for the 2018 35 Under 35 Celebration Ceremony on June 7
- A Lesson In Leadership
- United Way's 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Celebrates 10 Years
- UNITED for Child Care Training Event Materials
- Gobble It Up Pre-Orders OPEN!
- Story Squad: Kid's Storytime with United Way
- Eggs & Issues: The State of Local Child Care & Its Impact on Workforce Development
- Join us for the 2018 United Way Kick Off Event!
- 2019 35 Under 35 Women's Leadership Program Applications Now Available!
- 2018 Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction
- 35 Women With One Thing In Common, A Desire to Make A Difference: United Way's 35 Under 35 Program
- Are You Up for the (Social Media) Challenge!?
- 2018 LIVE UNITED T-shirt & UNITED Acts of Kindness Day
- 2018 Campaign Video: I Wish My Teacher Knew
- A Song to Say Thank You
- Women UNITED Luncheon & Silent Auction Raffle WINNERS
- UNITED for Student Mental Health - Mental Health Services Expanded to 6 Rural Schools in ND
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Claiming Your United Way Donation This tax season
- Nominate YOUR Organization for LIVE UNITED Leader of the Year!
- Join us to Recognize Generosity in Our Community!
- And The Nominees Are...
- United Way of Cass-Clay: James' Story
- Congratulations to the LIVE UNITED Awards Winners!
- JUST ANNOUNCED: 2019 United Way Top 50 Most Generous Workplaces
- Community Collaborations: United Way Receives Presidents' Award for Community Partner
- Women UNITE to Share a Love of Learning
- Help Encourage Kids to Succeed on Their First Day of School
- The Route to Removing Barriers for Employment - United Way Helps Expand Transportation Services
- Pre Order Info for Hornbacher's Gobble It Up for United Way $5 Lunch
- A Backpacks Impact: The United Way School Supply Drive
- Will You Accept the Women UNITED Challenge?!
- Register now for the 2019 Kick Off Event on September 18
- Home For Good: Give Now to Help Welcome Families Home - For Good.
- Community Kickoff Event
- Location Unveiled for the Future Home of United Way of Cass-Clay
- 2021 Women UNITED Golf Scramble
- Hornbacher’s Gobble It Up for United Way
- Watch the Community Kickoff Event
- Roers Chili Feed – Get your Cup of Chili Sept 15-29
- Taking Action to Help Families in Need - How the Coronavirus Response Fund is Helping
- United Way moving Dec. 18
- Our New Location: What You Need to Know
- Reaching Out: A space to serve our region for generations.
- LIVE UNITED Awards & Annual Meeting on March 25 – Join the Virtual Watch Party
- United Way is on AmazonSmile - a percent of your purchase can help families locally
- Home for Good Baskets Provide Hope
- 35 Under 35 Women’s Leadership Program Celebration
- Choice Bank’s Commitment to Preventing Homelessness
- School Supply Drive - Donate
- School Supply Drive - Distribution
- Host Your Own Virtual Drive
- Unconscious Bias: Understanding Bias to Unleash Potential™ presented by Emerging Leaders
About United Way
- What does United Way of Cass-Clay do?
United Way of Cass-Clay continues to strive to create a stronger, healthier community for everyone. United Way gets people talking about big issues that affect the whole community and helps gather resources and connect people to bring about lasting change. Working together we can all do more collectively than what we could do individually.
- What is the difference between United Way of Cass-Clay and other non profits?
Making a gift to United Way of Cass-Clay is the most effective way to help our whole community. It is an investment. Our unique ability to work across complex issues like Education, Income Stability, Health and Basic Needs with many community partners is unmatched.
We mobilize volunteers and convene partner agencies, corporations, community leaders and policymakers to make broad, social changes like no other organization can on its own.
- What is United Way?
United Way is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency that brings people and communities together to advance the common good. We partner with local nonprofits, businesses, government, and social service agencies to address our community’s most pressing needs.
Our mission is to connect people to people, needs to resources, and experts to advocates to improve lives and advance the common good throughout Cass & Clay Counties.
- Who runs United Way of Cass-Clay?
YOU make up the United Way of Cass-Clay team along with your friends, co-workers and neighbors.
Dedicated volunteers donate their time and talents each year to set goals, organize campaigns, solicit gifts, budget funds, identify and determine community priorities and distribute dollars. A volunteer board of directors sets local United Way policies and works in partnership with a professional staff administering the day-to-day operations.
- I’m interested in starting a formal campaign at my organization – how and where do I start?
There are many advantages to running a United Way of Cass-Clay workplace campaign:
• United Way of Cass-Clay offers a simple, convenient and efficient way for your employees to support the community and causes they believe in.
• Your employees may give in regular increments, via payroll deduction through an easy to use system or through paper pledging.
• A workplace campaign will help your company to achieve its Corporate Social Responsibility goals.
• Your employees will be able to tap into a wealth of volunteer opportunities via United Way of Cass-Clay such as Day of Caring and the School Supply Drive!
It is easy to start. Just call (701) 237-5050 and the Resource Development Team will assist you.
- My company does not run a campaign, how can I still give?
If you are interested in having your company start running a campaign, you can contact our Resource Development Department at 701.237.5050 and they will be more than happy to help you get started!
Otherwise, please click on the 'How do I give to United Way of Cass-Clay' question and you will be given a variety of different options to give.
- Why should I participate in my company’s United Way campaign?
United Way believes that children, individuals, and families deserve opportunities to lead safe, productive, self-sufficient lives, and we know that donors want results. We set goals and measure and report our progress to the community.
When you give to United Way, you will see the results of how your investment helps. .
Plus, United Way makes it easy for anyone to invest in their community whether through a dollar a paycheck through payroll deduction to being a Leader in Giving.
- Does the United Way provide anything besides money to agencies in the community?
Yes, the United Way works with our community partners to assist them in measuring program quality as well as telling their story in a way that resonates with the community. We provide many outlets for our partners to share their stories, such as Day of Caring, Impact Speaking during the campaign and more.
- How do I give to United Way of Cass-Clay?
There are a variety of different ways you can give to United Way:
- Participate in your company’s annual United Way Campaign
- Give through payroll deduction
- Write a check (send it to PO 1609, Fargo ND 58108-1609)
- Drop off your cash donation at our office (located at 219 7th St South, Fargo, ND 58107)
- Call us to make your gift via a credit card
In whichever way you choose to give, you can be sure that your gift will be invested in quality programs that will make a difference in the lives of local men, women, and children.
- How does United Way of Cass-Clay invest my gift? How do I know if my gift was used wisely?
Each year, more than 100 trained volunteers, who are donors just like you, work with our staff to carefully review the management and effectiveness of the programs we partner with and use this information to determine funding levels. This information is focused on results.
The four key factors in these results include: program accountability (and fiscal responsibility), demonstrated lasting change in people’s lives, efficiently and effectively run programs, and programs that are responsive to the changing community needs.
- How much of my money actually goes to serving those in need?
More than 99 cents of every dollar you give is invested right here in Cass & Clay counties.
United Way continues to be nationally recognized for its extremely low fundraising and administrative costs.
- I can only afford to give a small amount. Is it worth giving at all?
Yes, every donation is important! We want you to feel comfortable with your gift, and feel good about its impact.
Giving in proportion to your ability gives a sense of belonging to a larger community a direct impact on making it a better places for all of us to live, work, and play.
- I don’t live in town so I don’t feel I need to give.
United Way of Cass-Clay serves not only Fargo-Moorhead, West Fargo, Dilworth, but surrounding communities in Cass and Clay counties.
People who need services come to where the services are located, the majority being in the metro area. But there are programs in rural Cass & Clay counties. Check out our Community Partners here.
- What programs does the United Way currently provide funding for?
We are proud of our partners who join with us to make our community better. Our website shows our partners but also allow you to sort by impact area so you can really find an area of interest.
- What’s the difference between designated and undesignated gifts?
A designated gift restricts your gift to a specific 501(c)3 organization. An undesignated gift takes advantage of United Way’s thorough, research-based program selection that gets the money to the issues and areas that need it most. This allows you to help the most people and do the most good for our entire community. You can choose to direct your gift to Education, Income Stability, Health or Basic Needs.
- When I invest in United Way of Cass-Clay is my investment tax deductible?
Yes. And even if you don't itemize on your tax return, you can take a deduction.
Non-itemizing Minnesota taxpayers can deduct 50 percent of charitable contributions exceeding $500. To learn more about this law, visit the Minnesota Department of Revenue.
- Why should I give to United Way when I can just give directly to an agency?
Your United Way investment is important and powerful when combined with the investments from the community. United Way does much more than simply collect and distribute money. United Way is a leader in creating community change: assessing needs, responding and measuring results.
• United Way monitors programs that receive grants to ensure they follow sound fiscal policies and provide effective services. Careful stewardship is valuable to donors who want their contribution to make the greatest impact.
• United Way works in two ways: meeting immediate needs and addressing the underlying causes of problems for long-term results.
• United Way looks for gaps and duplications to ensure that the services needed in our community are available.
• United Way affiliation enables agencies to leverage public and private funding. This multiplies the effect of your contribution.
- Why should I give?
By investing in United Way you can be sure that it is the most effective way to direct your investments to address community needs.
United Way enables you to focus your energies and advance the common good improving the overall quality of life in our community. To create lasting solutions United Way identifies the root cause of the problem and then works together to solve the problem for our community.
By bringing area non-profits, government, businesses and volunteers together we see results right here in Cass & Clay counties.
- I am looking for services, who can I call?
2-1-1 is a simple, easy to remember, free number that connects callers to information about health and human services.
2-1-1 callers in North Dakota and Clay County, Minnesota will be connected to FirstLink 2-1-1 Helpline, which provides confidential listening and support in addition to information and referral. Call specialists are also trained in crisis intervention, including suicide intervention.
Your United Way of Cass-Clay is proud to fund FirstLink’s 211 hotline to ensure that local people in need of services can get connected to the resources they need. Individuals are welcome to call about a variety of needs including, but not limited to:
- Congregate Meal Sites
- Emergency Shelter
- EmploymentFaith Communities
- Financial Assistance
- Food Baskets
- Medication Assistance
- Mental Health
- Military and Family Support
- Rental Assistance
- Senior Centers
- Substance Abuse
- Support Groups
- Utility Assistance
- Victim Services
- Volunteer Opportunities
For help, dial 2-1-1 or 701.235.7335 (SEEK).
- I’m looking for help, where can I go?
United Way Community Partners
For a complete listing of the programs that we work with, visit the our Community Partners Page. Here you will find contact information and program descriptions.